Thursday, March 3, 2011

Where I am Today

I am divorced. It's been over a month since it was final. I don't have to deal with AJ at all except with the kids. It's been such a relief. There at the end things were so bad. My fog of him has been lifted & it's so night to have my own thoughts instead of his clouding my head. I hate to talk to negativly about him, but it was what it was. He needs a lot of help, and I honestly do pray that he gets help.

I know I was not perfect in the marriage, and I take full responsability for how I behaved. It was just toxic, and we did not need to be together anymore. Gage & Chloe did not need to be around our unhealthyness (is that a word?).

My life is million times better. I am running still. I did hurt myself so I did not get to run the 1/2 marathon I wanted to. I still went to support my class & I had a lot of fun being there with them. I have made some great friends around & it's really helped me get through the staleness of being single.

I am used to that now, being single. I have been on a few dates, but nothing serious. It's been almost a year since AJ and I separeted that I forget what it's like to have a partner. I have a new apartment from the one I started in. The kids have their own room, and the living room is not over flowing with toys!

Gage will start kindergarten in the fall! HOLY CRAP! He will either stay at the daycare - which has a kindergarten - or he'll go to a school by my work. He is a good kid. He does get upset when he knows he has to go to his dad's. It breaks my heart to see him upset. But I have a calendar for him, and it helps him visualize how many days until he comes back home.

Chloe is still sassy, and silly as ever. She is so smart. She chatters all the time. She is a charmer too. She still have this fabulous hop in her walk that I hope never ever goes away.

Life is good. Life is simple. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: